Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1352513  by Jeff Smith

Regarding Atlantic Coast Service, I had occasion to travel the 95 corridor from Savannah to Fredericksburg VA on Thursday NB and Sunday (yesterday) SB. 95 was closed at I-26 south of Florence; detour via Columbia to I-77 and 20 and double back there to 95. On the way down, I just stuck with 20 on the detour at Florence, as my ultimate origin and return were west of Savannah.

The wetlands, rivers and lakes I was able to observe along the way were definitely at flood stage and above, several days after the rainfall from Joaquin hit SC.

I imagine it will be sometime before service is back to normal.
 #1352600  by EricL

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why:

#50 (10th) eastbound Cardinal lost 5' 12" CHI to Rennselaer;

and

#59 (9th) southbound City ofNew Orleans lost 7' 50" MEM to NOL?
50 - stuck behind disabled freight train
59 - vehicle strike; subsequent engine problems
 #1354239  by Backshophoss

Due to a 22 car derailment of a BNSF freight near Ft Wingate NM(near Gallup NM),#4(22) was turned at the
Defiance Wye west of Gallup into #3(22) at Gallup,#3(22) was turned on the Abajo Wye in ABQ was turned into #4(22) at ABQ.
Bus Bridge between ABQ and Gallup,both #3 and #4 are 4 hours + late
Derailment took out both mainlines. :(
 #1354385  by chuchubob

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why westbound Wolverine #355 (24th) Dp. Pontiac 5' 20" late??
Ran over the derail protecting the CN main upon departing Pontiac. Lead engine derailed. Crew was replaced, train was turned so rear unit could lead.
 #1356008  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Lustig, I was in Michigan City last evening, and driving East on US12. At about 615P and MP 224 (jct US12 SR212), there sat "an Eastward Amtrak". There were two police squads (agency; I could not observe), one near the trailing locomotive, and one at the leading. Whether this "police activity" and the train were related, I know not.
 #1356097  by justalurker66

Gilbert B Norman wrote:Mr. Lustig, I was in Michigan City last evening, and driving East on US12. At about 615P and MP 224 (jct US12 SR212), there sat "an Eastward Amtrak". There were two police squads (agency; I could not observe), one near the trailing locomotive, and one at the leading. Whether this "police activity" and the train were related, I know not.
"Police say an Amtrak train hit a car around 6:45 p.m. near the intersection of U.S. 12 and Moore Road.
They say the car was stuck on the tracks when it was hit.
No one was inside the car at the time of the accident and no one was hurt in the crash."

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/Amtrak-t ... y/36268368" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems odd that an incident east of Michigan City affected the Michigan City depart time. The time was actually lost after the station stop.
 #1356415  by jhdeasy

Northeast Regional train 156 (07) from Lynchburg to New York arrived ALX 2 hours 34 minutes late. The engineer was overheard on the radio saying something about leaves on the tracks and wheels slipping on one or more grades.