Railroad Forums 

• CQ, CQ, Calling all RR.Net Amateur Radio (Ham) operators!

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#963194  by RhoXS

N4IFE and my wife is KF4IDH. Called CQ on 146.52 a few times during our Auto Train trip a few weeks ago but never received a response or heard anyone on either the VHF or UHF bands. I guess our Roomette window was not really a good portal to radiate or receive RF to/from the rest of the world. I did hear the defect detectors with strong signal and some VHF coms but nothing else.

I always had an interest in RR technology and operations but until recently never really pursued that interest to any great degree. We live in Stuart, Florida two mile east of the FEC tracks in the Port Salerno area.

I appreciate all the responses to my questions in some of the other forums. I also appreciate the readiness of experienced career RR people to answer my obviously naive questions. I just found it interesting to note that a number of those that responded to my questions are also hams. This is an outstanding forum.
 #1076086  by JWright

Just joined the forum today, although I've been a railfan for years and a licensed ham (K6CPO) for a year and a half.

I'm a volunteer with the Pacific Southwest Railway museum in Campo, California. I work as train crew, and edit the museum's newsletter, in addition to doing a lot of their photography and graphics work.

http://www.psrm.org

I'm also the current Vice-President of the Southbay Amateur Radio Society in Chula Vista, Ca. I also edit their newsletter...

http://www.sobars.org

Re:

#1365353  by Rockingham Racer

Ken W2KB wrote:And Ken W2KB

Lebanon Township, Hunterdon County, NJ.
(not Lebanon Borough on NJT RVL, but rather near Califon)

NAVMARCORMARS NNN0SIS

That callsign makes you very senior! My father [in the '50s] was W1JDF and my grandfather was W1BJ.