Railroad Forums 

• seeking european vintage stations & trains in the US

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#975804  by rickowens

Hi everyone. I am a photographer, I would like to do a lifestyle shoot and my theme is luxury vintage travel on train. So I am looking for a location in the US, where I can capture the following:
1. Vintage (european feel) train station
2. Vintage looking train (it would be nice if it can have steam coming out of it).
3. the inside of the train is important too. I would like the inside to be vintage luxury, with a nice dining car, & private sleeping compartments, similar to the pics attached.
4. I would like to be able to do this all in one location if possible, and pref a location that's near a major city.

Please help. Thanks

#975838  by MEC407

Conway Scenic Railroad in New Hampshire comes to mind... the only problem is that I don't think they have any sleeper cars. They meet all of your other requirements, though. (well, possibly not the last part of #4 depending, on your definition of "near," but they're not that far from Boston.)

I can think of a few other railroads that meet most of your requirements, but their stations aren't particularly European looking in terms of the architectural style, and most of them don't operate steam locomotives.

Of the four requirements you listed, which one would you give up if it meant you could have the other three?
 #975845  by scottychaos

Im assuming you also want a "European looking" locomotive and train?
I got that impression, but you didnt specifically specify that..

Boothbay Maine has:
2. Vintage looking train (it would be nice if it can have steam coming out of it).
but probably not 1,3 and 4 though..
they have an operating 2-goot gauge German steam locomotive:

http://www.railwayvillage.org

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... %20Village

I dont think they have any European rolling stock however.

Scot