Railroad Forums 

• Photographs from Austria

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#481519  by AFR

Here photographs which I have made this year, upload at imageshack.us. All pics are taken in Vienna.

Vienna´s switching yard

Austrian Federal Railways electrical engine class 1116 "Taurus" at Vienna rapid transit station "Praterstern"

AFR DMU class 5147 at Vienna Southeast Terminal.

View at Vienna West Terminal, you can see a German EMU High Speed Train called "ICE" (inter city express)

AFR EMU class 4020 at Vienna rapid transit station "Floridsdorf"

AFR diesel engine class 2143 at station "Erzherzog-Karl-Strasse" with a commuter train to Bratislava.

A commuter train from Marchegg to Vienna passing the level crossing at Hausfeldstraße.

Southbound commuter train leaving Vienna Southeast Terminal.

oil tank car train witch AFR class 2070 "Hector" arrives at freight terminal "Lobau Hafen".

EMU class 4020 in station "Breitenleer Straße"

electric roadswitcher class 1063 at the station "Lobau"

The winter sun is shining for a 1116 class with a freight train at Inzerdorf.

Another 1116 in special advertising colour "Kyoto" at Handelskai

New Vienna subway train type "V" in line U4 arriving at station "Margarethengürtel".

#481599  by 262

Nice pictures,and sharp color.I think the first one of the massive hump yard is my favorite.It seems to go on forever.And the tank cars,I never thought of GATX having a presents in Europe.But since their name used to be German American Tank Car Co. before changing it to General American ,I should not be surprised.Thank you.

#482420  by AFR

Here are some more pics about Vienna´s switching yard from May 2007.
Mehr Bilder von Wien Zentralverschiebebahnhof, Mai 2007.

View to North: The "arrival group". Here the freight trains arrive unsorted.
Im Norden: Die "Vorreihgruppe". Hier kommen die Güterzüge unsortiert an.

AFR class 1064 is used at Vienna´s switching yard. (6-axle)
Die ÖBB-Reihe 1064 beherrscht den Zentralverschiebebahnhof. (Achsfolge Co-Co)

View to South-West: you see a bilevel-commuter train on the non-switching rails.
Blick gegen Südwesten: ein Doppelstockzug fährt am Zentralverschiebebahnhof vorbei.

Twice AFR class 1116 with freighttrain.
Zweimal ÖBB 1116 mit Güterzug.

AFR class 1064 on the "unroll hill" (where the wagons get seperated into there destinations)
ÖBB 1064 am "Abrollberg" (wo die Waggons abgestoßen und nach ihrem Bestimmungsort aufgeteilt werden)

AFR class 1144
ÖBB Reihe 1144

Overview
Überblick

some locos (in front DB class 151)
einige Lokomotiven (vorne DB Rh 151)

Two videos of "unrolling"
Zwei Videos zum "Abrollen"

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=QsKr6DbcHM0
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=iB0Yr5naAJw

The sound that you can hear in this vids is the sound of the freightcar wheels pushing the break "buttons" which are inside the rails so that the the freightcar gets slowed down.
Der Ton entsteht, wenn die Waggone die Bremsknöpfe an der Innenseite der Schienen betätigen, so dass sie heruntergebremst werden.

Hope you enjoy my pics!
Ich hoffe, die Bilder gefallen!

#502152  by jz441

Great Pictures!

Please post more... :-D