Railroad Forums 

• Heritage Operations vs. Coronavirus (COVID-19)

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1538203  by b&m 1566

Sometime in the past week in one of the press conferences, a figure was thrown at President Trump, about this country potentially losing upwards to 10% of the restaurants in this country because of the shut down. It has me wondering now, could we potentially lose some railroads over this?
 #1538226  by Backshophoss

Figure on a few dinner trains biting the dust,just about all tourist train operations are shut down,most of the museums are shuttered,
might allow some outside equipment to be viewed.
Depending on the state Trails are closed as well
 #1543393  by b&m 1566

Some sad news, Mt. Rainier Railroad, is closing its doors. I was afraid this would happen, sadly I don't think this will be the only one.
The Mount Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum will cease operations for the foreseeable future due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a statement posted online Monday.

American Heritage Railways Inc. made the announcement, noting that it can no longer fund the operation.

Click here to read the rest of he article.