Railroad Forums 

• Looking For Two Atlas Alco Units

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1057094  by Earle Baldwin

I'm looking for the Bath & Hammondsport S-1 and Livonia Avon & Lakeville RS-1. Please be kind enough to post if you're aware of any stores or dealers who may have these units. Nothing turned up on the web for either model.

Thanks in advance.
 #1064293  by CircusFreakGRITZ

Earle Baldwin wrote:I'm looking for the Bath & Hammondsport S-1 and Livonia Avon & Lakeville RS-1. Please be kind enough to post if you're aware of any stores or dealers who may have these units. Nothing turned up on the web for either model.

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure if these models were ever made, but if they were, you could try eBay. Log in and search for what you want, then save the search. You'll then have the option to be emailed whenever something matches your search. Then you can hopefully snatch it up. Just be sure not to make the search too specific; i.e., maybe type in "S-1 ho" if you want the model in ho scale, rather than typing "Bath & Hammondsport S-1 ho scale", because if the seller doesn't use those exact words, you may not be notified of the item. Better to be notified of false positives than not be notified at all.

Here's a screenshot to show you what I'm referring to. Hope this helps, and good luck.

http://i49.tinypic.com/o91u8h.png
 #1064623  by Otto Vondrak

CircusFreakGRITZ wrote:I am not sure if these models were ever made
LA&L 20 was indeed made by Atlas.
... but if they were, you could try eBay.
I think the original poster exhausted that option, and was asking for firsthand reports from anyone who might have seen one on a hobby shop shelf.

-otto-
 #1064864  by Earle Baldwin

Thank you for the replies. Someone provided me with a lead on the B&H 5 which he saw at a store in North Carolina so that part ended successfully. Although not in my orginal plan, I picked up the South Buffalo 103 from another source as well.

Still looking for the LA&L 20 though.

Thanks again.