Railroad Forums 

• Latest Project?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1013974  by Cadet57

deandremouse wrote:
trainguy2024 wrote:I recently finished some paint jobs on some CDOT units. I painted 127, GP-40 6694 and a P32ACDM #228.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trainguy2024/

Where did you get the decals? these are sweet.

I was looking for the exact same decals to finish up my ALCO switcher.
Microscale as well has Highball Graphics make NH decals.
 #1016064  by mlrr

I apologize in advance for the crude nature of the images. I took the photos with my camera phone.

For the first time I added detail to a Walthers F40. I installed the grab irons after painting them white (per the prototype) and added BLMA AC boxes to the roof. I'll gradually add more detail to the model where I feel I can afford to such as the beacon located above the cab and possibly windshield wipers (although I'm skeptical about those since they may be a bit too large. I don't know).

Below is my version of the phase IVb diner. Note that the location of the logo is different from what Amtrak released. I personally like the logo on that end of the car as opposed to near the door. I exercised modeler's discretion here but there are photos of the prototype with the logo on the same side with respect to my model. The number for this car was 8512 but the prototype has been heavily re-worked.

#1016161  by mlrr

Jers2709 wrote:Very nice Kyle, I think I passed by you at the Timonium. I should have my diner decaled pretty soon.
Thanks! You should've grabbed me man! I would've been happy to chat for a little while (although the show was more of an errand for me that day than the activity it should have been. I didn't spend that much time there as I had other stops to make).
 #1016381  by ApproachMedium

Well I figured for once I should make a contribution to the thread here. This is my D&H Bluff Point. It was just transformed from a PRR walthers dome that of course, nobody would buy. It was convert this car or one of two Amtrak domes I also have for sale. The original D&H car was destroyed by a member of my club in anger when it would no longer operate correctly. Fortunately the sides and a few other parts remained intact. I took the entire car apart and reassembled it with the D&H sides, including moving the windows and re-gluing them to the D&H sides since most of them were misplaced or broken. If anyone is interested in a set of PRR car sides for a Walthers budd dome, you are welcome to them. They make a good canvas to apply any other railroad decals since all they say is Pennsylvania on the side.

I probably could make a whole thread with instructions on how to do this now as its my second walthers dome I have taken apart and reassembled. There are a few simple things you can do to these cars to make them run excellent. All you need is two screw drivers, a bottle of plastic cement/welder glue and a file.
 #1020873  by deandremouse

Time to revive a project thats been sitting idle for QUITE some time

Originally thought of in 2009
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 32&t=63240

I never acquired a shell untill early 2011.

It's a Railpower GP60 shell. The lister on Ebay had it as a GP50 but i'll get creative.

JAMALCO GP38-3 project continues, now i have the time.

By the way nice Pan Am HH engines..
 #1023578  by rscott417

Kitbashing these 2 Athearn Ford C kits to make 2 A-P-A Macks

Intended prototypes...

What I have so far...

I just need to pick up red paint and print some A-P-A decals
 #1024840  by deandremouse

rscott417 wrote:Kitbashing these 2 Athearn Ford C kits to make 2 A-P-A Macks

Intended prototypes...

What I have so far...

I just need to pick up red paint and print some A-P-A decals
Love those MACK's
 #1025069  by rscott417

deandremouse wrote:Love those MACK's
me to, incase you're interested this is where i got both of mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESIN-1-87-HO-S ... 27c45234e5 they show up on ebay every once in awhile

does anyone know where i could find detailing parts for ho scale trucks like windshield wipers, bumper guides, hood mirrors, trailer hoses, etc.??
 #1025129  by deandremouse

rscott417 wrote:
deandremouse wrote:Love those MACK's
me to, incase you're interested this is where i got both of mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESIN-1-87-HO-S ... 27c45234e5 they show up on ebay every once in awhile

does anyone know where i could find detailing parts for ho scale trucks like windshield wipers, bumper guides, hood mirrors, trailer hoses, etc.??

Cool, I might order one to do a USPS truck.

You can go here for truck parts ->
http://www.internettrains.com/merchant2 ... re_Code=IT

On another note, not the greatest shot but a still in progress LIRR GE25 tonnner, 399.

Awaits black and red paint, decoder, and the couplers & decals. Thats why its not finished yet.