Railroad Forums 

• Farewell Lin's Junction

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1448941  by glennk419

I just found out that Lin's Junction in Lansdale, PA quietly closed up shop earlier this year. They always had a good stock of models, scenery and detail items, along with one of the best DCC shops around, and had a very friendly staff. While not nearly as active as just a couple decades ago, Lansdale is still a great little railroad town that at one time hosted three hobby shops, two of which were exclusively model railroading, plus a couple awesome railroad and traction clubs. Hate to see another era end for the town.

EDIT: looks like I somewhat jumped the gun on this one. Hennings Trains, which shared space with Lin's Junction is apparently very much in existence. Hennings specializes in Lionel, O and standard gauge while Lin's concentrated on HO and N scales. Henning's website states that they will be picking up the smaller scales. Guess I need to now take a ride out there.

http://www.henningstrains.com/