Railroad Forums 

• How to wire a Marx 404 block signal?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1413493  by rrbluesman

I bought a Marx #404 two light block signal at a train show last weekend, I am clueless how to wire it, I have never bought anything Marx before. I google search how to wire this signal, and it the diagrams call for the wiring of this to go through a blocked section of track with lockons plastic pin separated outside rails. I'd really love it jut to light up and possibly be able to switch bulb from an toggle switch. Can anyone provide me diagrams or advice on how to do that? If not, besides the CTC lockons, can I use a different Lionel lockon, like an OTC or 153C pressure contact, to accomplish something similar, and if so how do I wire that? All help will be appreciated, thanks!

-Ed
 #1413533  by amtrakhogger

Lionel pressure switches are the easiest to install. They lock under the track and have an adjustable spring. You just need a constant power supply separate from the track power supply for the signal.