Railroad Forums 

• 1935 NYC 20th Century Ltd

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1358646  by UKfan2015

Hi Folks

I was looking to build up an NYC consist in Ho scale for the forthcoming Commodore Vanderbilt engine from BLI.
As far as I can see I'd need the following -

NYC 60" RPO
Pullman Club Baggage "Van" Class Plan 3987
Pullman 6-3 Sleeper "Glen" Class Plan 3523
Pullman 6-6 Sleeper "Poplar" Class Plan 4060
Pullman 8-1-2 Sleeper "Oak" Class Plan 3979A
Pullman 13BR Sleeper "House/Manse" Class Plan 3997A
Pullman 7 drawing room "Willow" Class Plan 3975A
NYC Diner #654-659
Pullman 14 section "Star" Class Plan 3958A
Pullman "Valley" Class Observation Lounge

I Know this set has been done by TCY but I can't stretch to that kind of expense.
I see I could get Glen, Oak and Star from Walthers, but the rest I can't find anywhere else?

Are there any alternatives to TCY models for these cars?

Thanks

Andrew
 #1358810  by wjstix

About the only one available is the 60' RPO car - with a little work. If you get the Walthers / Rivarossi 60' RPO with six wheel trucks, you can swap the floor - chassis assembly with their 60' coach or combine to get the correct 4-wheel trucks. BTW if you're doing a heavyweight 20th Century Ltd, I believe it only used the RPO for a couple of years, c. 1929-31.

In the meantime, you may need to use 'stand ins' for the missing cars until something better comes up.