Railroad Forums 

• Large LGB collection stolen in Pt Charlotte FL

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1324839  by RDGAndrew

Just heard from a friend that a friend of his family passed away, leaving a winter house in Port Charlotte, FL. The gentleman had a sizable LGB collection of several hundred pieces of rolling stock and numerous locomotives which was discovered to have been stolen shortly after his death. The items were all removed from their boxes, strangely, and taken from the 200 sq ft. locked air conditioned shed where they had been stored. Insurance will likely cover the theft but the family would like to try to get at least some of the collection back for sentimental reasons. (Word is the collection was well inventoried and documented, but the family hasn't found the documentation yet.) So if anyone happens to notice any large collections without boxes become available in the Fort Myers/ Port Charlotte area or elsewhere, please PM me and I'll let my friend know. Thanks - know it's a long shot but any help is appreciated. Also posting this in the SE Railfan forum.