Railroad Forums 

• Rapido Trains mkding the VIA F40-PH2d in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1248637  by timberley

That is one stunning locomotive. And remember, these are just pre-production "sparsely detailed" units.

Have a look at the detailed photos in the OP's link, and in the newsletter here: http://www.rapidotrains.com/rapidonews53.html

It's safe to say there's no other locomotive I've ever been more excited for, as along with P42s and a couple LRCs, this will be the main staple of my VIA fleet. Now to figure out how many I can afford... :-P