Railroad Forums 

• American Flyer 22004 Transformer help

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1229114  by rrbluesman

I just bought an American Flyer 22004 type transformer from a thrift shop. I don't usually buy Flyer; when I plugged it in to test it after I got it home I realized that cord to the wall has been replaced and I think it has been done incorrectly as the cord melted to the spool on the inside. I want to rewire it properly as to be able to use it, are there any websites where I might find the wiring diagram for repair online, possibly for free? I want to give it to my father for Christmas and I would prefer it work when I do. Thanks!
 #1229625  by ex Budd man

Write to Classic Toy Trains or O Gauge Modeling magizines, someone there should be able to advise you how to correctly rewire it. usually they have access to wiring schematics for old accessories.