Railroad Forums 

• Bluford Shops Transfer Cabooses

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1189967  by scharnhorst

Bigt wrote:Excellent photo, Otto. This clearly shows the "visor" over the door, the
aluminum screen door, the wall mounted racks (to the left of the door) that
were used to secure the propane tank(s) when the unit was heated by such.
The new fuel oil fill is evident on the side too. Now, my question is this:
what is the pipe coming from the top of the end wall, extending down to
near deck level, and ends in a "cone" shape? I was told once - an educated
guess - that it was the water fill pipe for a ceiling mounted water tank within
the caboose. Right, wrong, anyone's guess? Thanks in advance.

could be a drain pipe for a sink too?
 #1190739  by scharnhorst

Bluford Shops is doing these Cabs in Finger Lakes Railway in both N and HO Scales if anyone wants photos of the real cabs let me know and I'll go take detailed pics of them. Both cabs are stored not less than 2 miles from me!
 #1199460  by scharnhorst

diburning wrote:Has the HO ones for MoPac been released yet?
best bet would be to follow there web page and see what is going on. They seem to have cabs coming out later in the year.
http://bluford-shops.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There Now Accepting Pre-Orders section show that they are no longer takes Orders for them as of November 2012. If you find one weather it be at a train show, hobby shop, or Ebay get it fast as they seem to be making them on a vary limited run once the run is done they don't seem to be running that style again!