Railroad Forums 

• Sand / bead blasting services

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#7408  by Espeelark

I've read in some dialogs about various methods to paint plastic handrails and some have offered that sand and/or bead blasting of the plastic handrails yields a superior surface so as to allow the paint to stick/grab to it. Therefore, does anyone out there know of a hobby shop or custom painter, etc, that offers sand/bead blasting services? I'm willing to give it a try. I've got some Atlas U33C hand rail sets that need to be painted.... Looking for someone who can make a referral based on personal expereince. Thanks!