Railroad Forums 

• LA Union Station in TV Ad

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#77815  by updrumcorpsguy

This is only peripherally Amtrak, so Mr. Norman, please move it to wheverever you see fit, but did anyone notice that the original ticket concourse in LA Union Station is in a television ad? They've got it gussied up to look vaguely like a bank. I think the ad is for auto finanancing, and it has that blonde woman (Suze Orman?) in it. It took me a few times to figure out where it was, but I'm sure that's it.
 #77837  by Gilbert B Norman

Many others too numerous to either recall or mention, Mr. Drumcorps.

A memorable one was where the "Great Hall' wal filled with pillows; I think somebody's inner sole liner was being plugged.

I guess that since their "Great Hall' has essentially become a sound stage, the likelihood of it being returned to a ticket office is indeed remote. I havent been near LAUS (or LA, or California for that matter) since SCRTD Metrolink was inaugurated (1991 last time; not a boycott just no reason), so I may have to "eat my hat' with that statement.

Incidentally, LAUPT was not a joint ticket office, as usually the case with a Union Stations. Each road had their own windows.
 #78028  by AmtrakFan

Gilbert B Norman wrote:
Incidentally, LAUPT was not a joint ticket office, as usually the case with a Union Stations. Each road had their own windows.
Did most Union Stations have joint ticket office?

#78072  by Gilbert B Norman

I would say more of them than not, Mr. Poshepny.

CUS, as did any other station in Chi. had a joint office, which was located opposite the restaurant as you walk from the Great Hall to the trains (the one time Harvey lunchroom).

However, in New York at GCT, the NYC and NH had their own offices.

However, I don't wish to pursue this further at an Amtrak Forum. Why not originate a topic for such over at the Rail Travel Forum?
 #78073  by Gilbert B Norman

AMTRAK FORUM MODERATOR'S NOTE

As Mr. Drumcorps noted in his originating message, this material only has marginal bearing on Amtrak (they do not own LAUS, an outfit named Catellus Corp does).

So over it goes to its new home at Mr. Audley's Railroads in Media Forum.

Highball

GBN
Moderator, Amtrak Forum