Coors tv ads

Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

dhaugh

Coors tv ads

Post by dhaugh » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:28 pm

Might just be in the midwest, but Coors has been touting their beer as being hauled cold in "insulated" railcars or something like that, while 'other beer is hauled warm in their's. I appreciate the commercial as it shows a container train cruising along, but I question whether Coors is truly doing something unique from other beer companies who haul by rail. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, Coors has it's own fleet of CORX tankers, which I'm sure are not refrigerated. Dave

dtravisjr

Post by dtravisjr » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:47 pm

I've seen several of those commercials here in upstate NY as well. Usually I see them during NFL games

CSX Conductor

Post by CSX Conductor » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:27 pm

I know of a customer here in the Boston area that had an account for distributing Coors, the product always came in ATSF or BNSF cars that were "insulated" reefers, not with the reefer on the end of the car like a typical reefer used for produce.

AmtrakFan

Post by AmtrakFan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:06 pm

Yes I've seen that Commerical before.

AmtrakFan

Return to “Books, Magazines, Music, TV, and Movies, and other Media”