The Manchurian Candidate - First Acela Movie??

Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

LI Loco

The Manchurian Candidate - First Acela Movie??

Post by LI Loco » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:19 pm

The remake of "The Manchurian Candidate" features several scenes shot onboard an Acela express plus an Acela runby and scenes shot in Penn Station New York. I believe this film marks Acela's Hollywood debut, but I'm not certain.

The original Manchurian Candidate had scenes shot on a Pennsylvania RR parlor car plus a runby with a GG-1.
Last edited by LI Loco on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gilbert B Norman

Interesting

Post by Gilbert B Norman » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:34 am

Most interesting, Mr. Loco--

I thought one of the TV ad "clips' for the movie appeared to have a nanosecond scene that looked a lot like an Acela interior. Thanks for confirming that.

Oh well, when "Candidate" gets to the movie channels, that's when i see it. Until I went to Farenheit 9/11 a month ago (because I was going to visit friends who likely wanted to discuss the movie) I hadn't been near a "cineplex' (or whatever they are called nowadays) since 1996.

It would appear that to go to a movie Saturday evening on its "premiere" weekend is an activity I can live nicely without.

Actually, I think "First Acela" movie goes to the short lived HBO YV series "K Street". I recall one episode in which Mr and Mrs James Carville (D Strategist) and Mary Matlin (R Strategist) boarded an Acela.

Raakone

Post by Raakone » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:14 am

I'm not sure how long ago it came out, but "The Recruit" has scenes with Acelas at Washington Union. As an interesting sidenote, there's also a scene where he goes into a "basement" that's full of VIA RDCs.

~Ra'akone
I am Le Ra'akone. Time for a Rail-volution.

Return to “Books, Magazines, Music, TV, and Movies, and other Media”