Railroad Forums 

• History Channel

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#522520  by Nelson Bay

On Monday April 7th the History Channel has scheduled a program about locomotives on it's "Modern Marvels" show.

#522714  by heyitsme23

Discover:engineering (discovery channel) has one called wheels of steel. it has been out for a while, I have it purchased on itunes. A good show though indeed. I will look for the new show

#522741  by Steve F45

i can't seem to find the "wheels of steel" show your talking about.

#522743  by heyitsme23

ah sorry its on the science channel, heres the link to itunes:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 5&s=143441

It talks about europe and japan high speed, the acela, tilting trains, and maglev. I was sort of disappointed that they never mentioned commuter or light rail/streetcars as that is making a huge comeback, but its a good show nonetheless.