WHAT RAILROAD MAGAZINES DO YOU READ?

Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

Alcoman

WHAT RAILROAD MAGAZINES DO YOU READ?

Post by Alcoman »

With all the choices out there, what railroad magazines do you read or avoid?
I read on a regular basis; Railpace and Diesel Era. Once an awhile, Trains,Railroad explorer and Railfan.
I avoid contributing and reading Extra 2200 South. They used to a very good publication, but since it was sold, it has not been the same since.
I get alot of information from the web. Trains and Railfan are ok for an special article they may have, but to pay $5.00 a piece or more for magazines ,it gets expensive.

What are your thoughts?

UPRR engineer

Post by UPRR engineer »

This one aint bad

pennsy

Post by pennsy »

Hi,

When I get a chance, I head over to Borders, and head to their magazine racks and spend some time reading those magazines that interest me. Usually, I just read them. They carry the usual train magazines, and yes, I am usually not the first one to read them.

LCJ

Post by LCJ »

UPRR engineer wrote:This one aint bad
I get that one, too.

Also this one:

charlie6017

Post by charlie6017 »

I read most all of 'em. Railfan & Railroad, Trains and Classic Trains, TRP, Railpace. Haven't seen Streamliner.............is that available in the Northeast??
~Charlie Ricker

LCJ

Post by LCJ »

Streamliner is only available through the Union Pacific Historical Society, I believe. Go here: http://www.uphs.org/

mainetrain

Post by mainetrain »

Rumorpace for me, as well as any occasional "ALCO" special from someone else

metman499

Post by metman499 »

Railpace, FD&S, and TRP. Other magazines when they have articles related to my admittedly provincial interests.
Nick
Moderator for the CNJ, Reading and GVT forums

Return to “Books, Magazines, Music, TV, and Movies, and other Media”