Railroad Forums 

• Has anybody ever read...

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#267971  by general440

Has any one here ever read Ghost Train! by Tony Reevy? Its a collection of railroad ghost stories and folk lore from all over the US. Its fun to read and worth buying if you ever have the oppritunity.

#270940  by Metalrailz

Awesome book... I still think the story that gets me the most is the Express Train from Hell

#274320  by general440

I don't remember that one. What page is it on?

#311689  by theShrubber

This thread caught my eye, since I wrote a dopey one page story to read to my kids at bed time, that I called "the ghost train."

So I got a copy of the book "Ghost Train," and have been reading the stories to the kiddies at bed time.

I'm not much a believer in ghosties myself, but the kids enjoy the tales.

With all the decapitated ghost tales in the book, I've got the kiddies trained now, so when I drive down the road and pretend my brakes don't work and yell, "where's my brakeman," they come back with, "he's off looking for his lost head!"

I like the photos in the book.

- Roger