Railroad Forums 

• Article on Robert Yanosey of Morning Sun Books

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#257527  by Jersey Jeff

The Newark Star-Ledger printed an interview today with Robert Yanosey, author of dozens of railroading books published by Morning Sun Books and familiar to many railfans and modelers.

Click here to read the article.

#257590  by umtrr-author

Thanks, JJ.

Had to laugh at the description of those who would want the Morning Sun Color Guide to Refrigerator Cars. "...strictly for the model railroading set, who concern themselves with the precise placement of the handrails, the exact shade of the window sashes in the control tower."

I resemble that remark!

Well, sometimes.

Your avatar is Rahway, NB platform, is it not?

#258233  by Jersey Jeff

umtrr-author wrote:Thanks, JJ.

Had to laugh at the description of those who would want the Morning Sun Color Guide to Refrigerator Cars. "...strictly for the model railroading set, who concern themselves with the precise placement of the handrails, the exact shade of the window sashes in the control tower."

I resemble that remark!

Well, sometimes.

Your avatar is Rahway, NB platform, is it not?
Yup, that's a Penn Central GG1 bound for NY Penn. I live around the corner from the station and remember riding behind the black "big nose engines" (as I called them as a kid) from Rahway to New York with my parents.

And speaking of Penn Central, why, or why won't Morning Sun Books reissue Penn Central Power? I kick myself every time I passed that book by back in the early 1990s :wink: