Railroad Forums 

• H&R block taxcut.com commercial

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#210190  by Launcher

On mail.yahoo.com I just watched a flash commercial for H&R block's taxcut.com. The opening scene is a man getting off a SEPTA regional rail car at Market East station in Philadelphia for a job interview. He then gets off a cab over in stones throw distance of Penn Station/"Suburban Station." Shoulda stayed on that train, lol.

Is this commercial shown nationally, I wonder? Or just because my IP address is in Phila.

The sound effect includes a conductor on the loudspeaker saying "Next station." If you've been to the Gallery you can tell this sound is PROBABLY canned. They only have an automated PA announcer reading the detination for each train as it arrives. Almost every train's "next station" is Temple Univ or Penn Station, with a few express exceptions that skip right to Ft. Washington PA or Bethayres PA.