George Carlin: Life is Worth Living

Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

quadrock

George Carlin: Life is Worth Living

Post by quadrock »

Hey everyone...just watched a hysterical comedy special on HBO by George Carlin. The way this ties into railroads is his skit on considerations of how to commit suicide. The line goes something like: "I'd jump in front of a train except Amtrak hasn't come through here in 30 years..." I thought it was curious for a comedian to even mention Amtrak and use it in a skit but there it is. Sorta said that he's actually right, 30 years ago Amtrak had many more inter-city trains then it operates today.

shortlinerailroader

Post by shortlinerailroader »

Carlin was Mr. conductor in "Shining Time Station" for a while. Dont know if he was before or after Ringo Starr. I saw part of the HBO thing, though I missed the Amtrak part. Maybe he cursed Thomas out because he couldnt pull as many cars as Percy.
--Why did it say "84 axles" when we have 20 cars?
--It counts the engine, too

CNJGeep

Post by CNJGeep »

After Ringo Starr.
"I'll keep moving through the dark, with you in my heart, my blood brother." RIP D.C.

Idiot Railfan

Post by Idiot Railfan »

One of my kids, when he was about 4, found one of my old George Carlin videos and was about to watch it. He said he thought it was Mr. Conductor. Found it just in time to keep him from expanding his vocabulary!
"But Dad. It's Smokey!"

emd_SD_60

Post by emd_SD_60 »

:-D
Check out my [url=http://emd_sd_60.rrpicturearchives.net]train pix[/url]!

Return to “Books, Magazines, Music, TV, and Movies, and other Media”