• Trains On The Travel Channel

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by The S.P. Caboose

I was looking at the Travel Channel's programming for April, 2005 and noticed three railroad related prgrams on.

April 24 at 9:00am Pacific Time they will air AMERICA'S ORIENT EXPESS; 12:00 noon Pacific Time will be GREAT TRAIN RIDES.

April 29 at 1:00pm Pacific Time will be SUPER TRAINS AND MEGA STATIONS.

I think these programs have be aired before. If they haven't or if anybody would enjoy veiwing them, I thought I'd let all know.

by dhaugh

I saw part of a/the show on the American Orient Express, and one thing in particular intrigued me - they talk about 'rare mileage' on tracks that took them to Yellowstone. The accompanying route map made it look like there are tracks it took right up to the west of Yellowstone. Is that accurate, and did they reopen some defunct line? Dave

by The S.P. Caboose

My understanding is the line used west of Yellowstone is that it is only open for this Amtrak train. I think it was opened up from a defunded line.

by wess

There used to be a Union Pacific branch to West Yellowstone, but back in the 80's this line had been cut back considerably. If its been re-built then this would be news to a lot of us