Railroad Forums 

• Sahara

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#107131  by CNJGeep

Clive Cussler is my favorite author, and (if and when) they release Sahara, Dr. Cussler said that the train jumping will still be there. Anybody konw what trains they will be using. The film is shot in Morocco, I think

#112166  by CNJGeep

ANYBODY????!!!!

#113673  by CNJGeep

OKAY!!! ALOMST 30 PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED, AND NOT ONE KNOWS!!! I AM PAYING NO ATTENTION TO THIS AFTER 4-8 WHENTHE MOVIE COMES, BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN I WILL BE SEEING IT!!!

#113927  by Aa3rt

CNJGeep wrote:OKAY!!! ALOMST 30 PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED, AND NOT ONE KNOWS!!! I AM PAYING NO ATTENTION TO THIS AFTER 4-8 WHENTHE MOVIE COMES, BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN I WILL BE SEEING IT!!!
Mr. CNJGeep,

NO NEED TO SHOUT!!! I'm sure that if anyone had the information you're requesting they would have gladly shared it by now.

I've seen some promos for the movie with some all too brief clips of the railway in question. There was not enough there for me to determine the gauge or railway. All I could tell was that there were some foreign looking freight cars with rounded roofs and buffers(?). (No locomotive visible.)

If you do see the movie and are able to determine anything, please feel free to share with the rest of us. Thank you.

#123087  by CNJGeep

It looked like a one of the Geep-looking locos with the low chop nose.

#216173  by wess

It is an EMD export unit, and the trailing cars are European in design. Gives the perfect appearance of a private corporation operating in a third worl country. But I have no idea what the model of the engine was or where it was shot. It was a good shoot sequence. The actress definitely throws like a girl.
wess

#216222  by David Benton

There is quite a extensive railway system in Morrocco. Most rolling stock would be french . I guess its possible they have american frieght diesels though .