Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Waiting game question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#981553  by johnnbea

I'm the original never say never guy! That said, however, I would say call them, but don't expect too much! There are lots of people for them to choose from, and more than likely, you are going to have to apply all over again! Good luck to you!
 #981641  by cbdragon2003

thanks for the replies. I have sent an email to them and ill call when i get the chance. I did what acouple of people have said and to apply within 60 days of getting out. Kinda back fired in a way. O well im not giving up.
 #981868  by cbdragon2003

ok well I got a response back from BNSF saying re-apply when you get back from Afghanistan. Ive tried and I refuse to quit. Thanks for all the post responding to my questions.
 #1259859  by Cartoad307

HI,I have a pending offer for Cicero IL I have done all my health ,Drug and background checks my status says " Qualified" since march 8th does that mean I am ok? And what do you think is a reasonable time to get my final offer the anticipated start date is April 14 th. This process is much slower and Difficult than UP,s .
 #1260211  by ljpierce1965

Cartoad307 wrote:HI,I have a pending offer for Cicero IL I have done all my health ,Drug and background checks my status says " Qualified" since march 8th does that mean I am ok? And what do you think is a reasonable time to get my final offer the anticipated start date is April 14 th. This process is much slower and Difficult than UP,s .
Yes, it means you should be good to go. The FINAL OFFER email is supposed to be sent 2-3 weeks prior to your anticipated start date. Look for it to arrive any day.

Did you save all your emails you've received from BNSF? On your latest emails say from March 8th, did any of them give a name of the person in HR that sent it? If so, and you don't get your FINAL OFFER email by about April 1st, call the person on that email with the number included at that bottom. Make sure you're nice about it and ask about the status since you would like to turn in a two week notice with your current employer.

That said, you may not get it until you have as little time as 2 or 3 days (occasionally even less) before you start. If you really want the job, you'll already be ready to go and will have to be prepared to start on the 14th.

Good luck!
 #1261163  by trvr815

Cartoad307 wrote:HI,I have a pending offer for Cicero IL I have done all my health ,Drug and background checks my status says " Qualified" since march 8th does that mean I am ok? And what do you think is a reasonable time to get my final offer the anticipated start date is April 14 th. This process is much slower and Difficult than UP,s .
I'm at UP now. I actually applied to and got the alternate status like you did at Cicero. I got that email as well a couple weeks ago however, turned it down. Yes, UP seems to be a bit faster.... Oh well. BNSF is much much better than UP. I held out for CN.
Good luck to you!