Railroad Forums 

• training out of town.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#934950  by travione.ridge

Hi I have been thinking about applying to be a conductor with bnsf. I spoke with a retired conductor who informed me that I could apply and do the training anywhere and then when finished with the training I could come back home. When I look at the applications online it says do not apply unless you want to work in that area. Can anyone give me a little more information.
 #936054  by Set-A-Trucks

Except for the Northwest division (Washington Area), BNSF has system-wide seniority for conductors. Depending on where you hire out, you might be hired with a 5 year recall. This enables your home terminal to "recall" you back to work for 5 years if they feel the need. Other than that you can work anywhere on the system as a conductor (engineers are different). People hire out and move all the time. Hope this helps...good luck.
 #937526  by dabigezeii

Hello I just have been hired for the First Line Supervisor for Maintanence position in KS, and i was told that the position has periods of times when there is no work is this true? I don't know anyone in this field of work so i'm trying to get a little feed back on what to expect for the position. Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

DABIGEZEII