Railroad Forums 

• Outlook for new BNSF hires?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#445877  by PSNOUS

So how's business looking? Think things will pick up enough around the holidays to hire anybody or will it most likely be the first of the year?

#445907  by rwallace2fan1

keep an eye out for UP in KC, a little birdie told me it could happen

#445909  by PSNOUS

They have had a posting up for quite some time now, I applied...............we'll see :(

#445912  by PSNOUS

rwallace2fan1 wrote:keep an eye out for UP in KC, a little birdie told me it could happen
View Application(s) Status for *********
Click on a status message to view the full text in the message.
Last Update Requisition Job Title Application ID Status Message
Jul 5, 2007 035174 Train Crew (Train Service) rubbzitj_016335_rubbz Currently Being Reviewed
Jun 17, 2007 30647 Train Service 1jk20es0_013474_20605 Application Not Used - Application Expired

#464099  by PSNOUS

ttt..........

#464705  by e.sillery

BNSF posted conductor trainee positions today (11/06) for 8 different cities.

#471455  by PSNOUS

#471456  by PSNOUS

#473329  by dirtbrother

Last I heard was they are supposed to hire 3 or 4 classes in KC. Supposed to be 80 new hires. I really hope so. I need more than 12 people under me.

#487815  by PSNOUS

dirtbrother wrote:Last I heard was they are supposed to hire 3 or 4 classes in KC. Supposed to be 80 new hires. I really hope so. I need more than 12 people under me.

I hope so too bro. Mr. Graham told me KC hiring classes are gonna be in March, April, May, and July.

#488169  by freshmeat

Just posted for a class in KC and Wellington. For the life of me I can't see why Wellington. Virtually all their last class is spread out between Newton, Ark City and the off in force board. I know a lot of guys that live in Wellington and were hired out of Newton, just waiting for enough seniority to work in Wellington.

It's like pulling your finger out of a glass of water. The hole fills in as soon as you pull it out.

#488172  by freshmeat

Just posted for a class in KC and Wellington. For the life of me I can't see why Wellington. Virtually all their last class is spread out between Newton, Ark City and the off in force board. I know a lot of guys that live in Wellington and were hired out of Newton, just waiting for enough seniority to work in Wellington.

It's like pulling your finger out of a glass of water. The hole fills in as soon as you pull it out.

#488223  by dirtbrother

PSNOUS wrote:
dirtbrother wrote:Last I heard was they are supposed to hire 3 or 4 classes in KC. Supposed to be 80 new hires. I really hope so. I need more than 12 people under me.

I hope so too bro. Mr. Graham told me KC hiring classes are gonna be in March, April, May, and July.
Mr. Graham? The guy that lives in Eudora? I can't remember his first name. Jeff or John. One of the two.