Railroad Forums 

• BNSF conductor trainee:

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#380345  by cooperTjustice

Hopefully someone can help me out. I was offered a conductor trainee position in needles Nov 06. Since then the start date has been changed 3 times. 1st was feb, then Mar, Now i get an e-mail saying possibly may? I spoke with some employees I know there and they heard classes for 2007 are now cancelled as in winslow. I'm wondering what to do since I want to get to work?

NARS grad 8/06.

#380395  by Xponder

Standby --
As in anything associated with the RR it is hurry up and wait.

So far, Winslow has 20+ people still on their OIFR board ( furloughed ) since the end of December. Business is still slow but should be picking up soon and these people will be back to work.

Be patient. BNSF still needs to hire a bunch more conductors due to the large number of eligible retirements in the next four years, some 40% system wide. And, there is still a small percentage of employees that quit, move to management, or move to another craft.

The training schedule and planning changes day to day. So, be patient. You'll get there eventually.

#380964  by freshmeat

Any chance to get hired at an old BN terminal? After that, you can go where ever you want.