Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Culture Fit Assessment (CFA)

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1464179  by Onrala7

tundraboomer wrote:Never mind, my bad. The e-mail I got was for a AC position in Sacramento. I had to look up the job posting I.D. number to figure it out. I don't even know why they sent it, I got a thanks-but-no-thanks letter for that position months ago. The only AC position I have an open app for is L.A. so I assumed it was for that. It appears that one is still in play. Carry on. Sorry about the confusion.

Ok good to hear! Definitely will keep a look out and let you guys know if I make it are not... Amtrak is so tough to break into.. grateful to make it this far in the process.
 #1466045  by dbask27

I have to take this test in 2 days . How did u answer your questions . It’s a bunch of questions like would I help your co worker n would u tell your manager about certain things
 #1466178  by Acela150

dbask27 wrote:I have to take this test in 2 days . How did u answer your questions . It’s a bunch of questions like would I help your co worker n would u tell your manager about certain things
Which test? The CFA? I would honestly take it ASAP if it's in your email. I honestly don't remember what questions their are. But answer them honestly. Someone telling you what to answer is a violation of taking the CFA and if you were hired and they find out you'd be subject to immediate termination. Even if it's a union job and you've passed your probation period.
 #1466255  by tundraboomer

Agree with Acela. There are different CFAs for different positions. The CFA for AC trainees is much easier than the one for engineer trainees. The BNSF CFA is much more difficult than either of these though. There will be questions about analytical ability, logic, personality, and maybe math. Not difficult but designed to make you think and to reveal your ability to think. Amtrak questions are timed so there is no point dwelling on the question or trying to consult a cheat sheet. Most only give you 2 minutes to answer the question so read carefully and answer. Seriously, if you can't pass the CFA on your own, this isn't the job for you.
 #1469540  by Onrala7

Hey guys! Well to update you I receive my results from my interview about two weeks ago... Unfortunately I wasn't selected however was told that I did very well during the interview process and was encouraged to reapply.. best of luck to everyone and hope to become an assistant conductor soon!