Railroad Forums 

• Lehigh Valley branchlines in Allentown, PA

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#869414  by A-townbranchfan

I'm a new member, but old to Allentown, PA branchlines... especially the Lehigh Valley's Barber and West End. Have a good collection of slides covering both former branches and will share some images in future postings... once I get the hang of my new computer. Reading through older postings, I'm happy to see those lines still pop up in conversation from time to time, though some of the data reported was not correct. Looking forward to helping clarify some things, especially about the WEB.

I'm also interested in the former L&NE branch (later operated by the Valley) from Bethlehem to Allentown, though I only once shot action (by Martin Tower) along that line myself. I can still remember the freight cars parked along the former Freihofer's Bakery siding, visible from Union Blvd. Would love to hear more about that line from anyone who remembers it well. I knew most of the sidings from walking parts of the branch when it was still in service, but rarely saw action. Hope to learn some things (and see some pictures) of locals on the East Side of town.