Railroad Forums 

• RDG Russian Decapods

• Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.
Discussion Related to the Reading Company 1833-1976 and it's predecessors Philadelphia and Reading Rail Road and then the Philadelphia and Reading Railway.

Moderator: Franklin Gowen

#940443  by RDG126

I know the RDG had Russian Decapods, and from what I can piece together they had ~4; much beyond that, I've only ever seen one, small, grainy photograph of these beasts. Anyone have any idea when they got them, why, and where on the system they were employed?
 #941501  by David Hutchinson

Class J1-sa, road numbers 1126-29, scrapped 1935. The only pictures I have seen of these were in the Reading Steam and Power Pictorals by Bert Pennypacker. The shots show an out of service Decapod stored at Bridgeport, Pa. They might have been used out of Bridgeport/Abrams, but I have no info on this.
 #941802  by RDGTRANSMUSEUM

the outer station project ,when they printed the reading railroad magazine,did a great issue on those a few months back.
 #992357  by toptrain

Something went wrong with webshots. They wont show my photo. Your removing of my ability to edit makes me unable to replace the photo. So I guess the people here dont get to see the photo. Sorry everybody.
frank
 #992425  by toptrain

* If I was alowed to edit MY POSTs. I would change the link to one that works. But I cant. So !!!
 #1010051  by RDG126

Thanks for your input, folks, this has helped to clear up a mystery that has been with me since childhood!