Railroad Forums 

• KCS to return to old passenger colors on all new engines

• Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.
Discussion related to the past and present operations of Kansas City Southern Lines, including affiliates Texas Mexican Railway, Grupo Transportation Ferroviaria Mexicana (TFM), and Panama Canal Railway Co. Official web site can be found here: KCSOUTHERN.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#341401  by EJ&ESDM809

KCS is going to be returning to their old colors on their next order of SD70ACes, and any new engines they order from here on out, including its Mexican subsidiary. I have heard that the KCSM ES44s that are in primer could be the first to get this paint, but we will have to wait and see considering they were out before they said they will be doing this. I am not sure if their current engines will be repainted into this scheme, but it is a possibility.

#377744  by Tadman

It's neat, but it's clear the paint scheme was designed for E's and F's, not Gevo's and SD70's. It would have been better if KCS had hired someone to interpret and re-translate the scheme to better fit a monster hood unit with new proportions, much in the same way UP re-translated their heritage paint schemes to the heritage units.

#389438  by John_Perkowski

From the photo, almost certainly an interpretation.

Below is a F-3 A-B set on a picture postcard (anyone else remember Lyman Cox's railroad postcards ;) ??

#392295  by rwallace2fan1

anyone want to see the new paint job up close and personal, and you live near KC, they are on display at union station according to the news. A couple of days ago, I was passed by a set of engines with about 10 covered hoppers that were painted the same way. They looked brand new. they were leaving the KCS yard in KC.