Railroad Forums 

• "Lurker" Thread-New Members or Those w.0 Posts Post Here

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1070138  by DaveCantor

That first post under my name was posted by the moderator on my behalf (thanks!), so now it's time for me to introduce myself.

I'm Dave Cantor. I grew up in Everett, Massachusetts, which had a big pile of sulfur at the Monsanto plant which was adjacent to Everett Station, then the northern terminus of the Main Line of the BERy, now the orange line of the MBTA. I've been fascinated with rapid transit and trolley operations, and especially signalling and switching, since my mother took me on the "El" and subway into Boston when I was four years old.

But that was way more than half a century ago.

I'll lurk for a while, and then I'll probably have a few questions for the other old-timers here who remember the trolleys in and around greater Boston.

Dave C.
Groton, CT
 #1070901  by Metra210

I originally registered an account on here about a couple weeks ago. When I tried to log in this morning, I couldn't, and then I ran across a thread similar to this one from August 2011 stating that accounts with 0 posts will be pruned. So I had to re-register, and here I am, again.
 #1076094  by JWright

Jeff Smith wrote:Welcome to railroad.net! Please make one post here to prevent "pruning", or deleting, your account. Say something as simple as "new member", or quote my post and leave the rest blank. If you have already posted on the site, no post is necessary here, but feel welcome to post even so.

This is a spam prevention measure to prevent phantom registrations. Thank you for your patronage, and again, feel free to "lurk" as long as you like!
Ok, I'm a new member...
 #1078760  by mopacbuff

Hello,

Just registered after lurking for a bit. Very informative site. MoPac (Missouri Pacific) is in my blood, Dad worked there, Uncle retired from there, Cousin currently works there (UP), so if there's anything I can help with in relation to MoPac, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best.

Thanks

MPB
 #1095001  by BandA

Metra210 wrote:I originally registered an account on here about a couple weeks ago. When I tried to log in this morning, I couldn't, and then I ran across a thread similar to this one from August 2011 stating that accounts with 0 posts will be pruned. So I had to re-register, and here I am, again.
Explains what happened to my previous two accounts.
 #1111156  by Saito S

JT.Graham wrote:I was told there'd be cake.

Also, new member.
Oh, great. Now SOMEONE is going to make a "cake is a lie" joke. Just you watch.

Another new member here. Though I already posted once; started a topic to ask some questions in the "Operations" forum. It said my post needed to be reviewed before going up, so I assume that's either something that happens to new members, or something that happens for new topics in that forum. Dunno how active a poster I'll be, other than occasional questions about developing rail systems for my fictional city project, so I figured I might as well post in here. That said, I've been lurking a bunch since stumbling on this place a couple weeks ago, and will continue to do so; I've already learned more about railroad operations from perusing this site in two weeks than I would normally learn in two years!