Railroad Forums 

• "Lurker" Thread-New Members or Those w.0 Posts Post Here

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1012844  by Jeff Smith

I do apologize for the inconvenience. As I've mentioned on here and elsewhere, we are a popular site, and get slammed with spam. I get up to 1,000 spam registrations a day, and 100 nonsense posts with obnoxious links. Although it's annoying, it keeps the forums mostly clear of noxious internet blather and spam. Going through each of these registrations on a case by case basis would obviously be overwhelming.

It's not inactivity I purge for, but for zero posts. We do require users to make a certain amount of moderated posts (i.e. must be approved) before they get full functionality. I did look into purging for inactivity about a year ago, and may have done some test pruning of really old stuff, but at this point, it's only for zero posts.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
 #1035516  by Mike Kieran

Test post.
 #1038536  by Mike Kieran

I'm not a lurker. I'm a foamer.