Advertising on Railroad.net

General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

piker

Re: Advertising on Railroad.net

Post by piker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:11 am

ten pop ups behind the window in five minutes this morning. cache emptied, cookies gone, restarts, the works. still happening and only on this site. this is annoying

Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Smith » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 am

I'm still only getting one a day on IE. I've got the google toolbar popup blocker enabled, though.
Next stop, Willoughby
~el Jefe ("Jeff Smith Rules") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

piker

Post by piker » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:57 am

Well I'm sorry to snivel. Two hours later I've done the housecleaning and I'm good to go. I'm always dismayed when I notice how little control I have over who this machine talks to.

ApproachMedium

Post by ApproachMedium » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:48 pm

I have not seen the pop ups in months with opera or Chrome. I also have Adblock Plus installed on my Chrome.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Patrick Boylan
Location: Here is a stupid picture, pay attention to me. Burlington Township, NJ 08016

Post by Patrick Boylan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm

who's responsible for this? I go to http://www.top10-best.com/l/top_10_best ... jokes.html top_10_best_lord_of_the_rings_jokes.html
and there are 5 sponsored links, the first one for health insurance, then 2 for Amtrak jobs, then Lionel LGB trains, then "train tickets save here".

Then when I go to rr.net to tell you guys about it the first banner ad I see is for The Hobbit.
Do you realize that the human race will not be able to reproduce if we have too many people who are both Tolkein and railroad foamers? I won't be able to post for the rest of the evening, I have to get to my Klingon Language Institute meeting.

Jeff Smith
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Smith » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Kaplah m*other f***er.

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Next stop, Willoughby
~el Jefe ("Jeff Smith Rules") :: RAILROAD.NET Site Administrator/Co-Owner

Return to “General Discussion: About RAILROAD.NET”