Railroad Forums 

• Browsing Railroad.net on Mobile Devices

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1011252  by Printman2000

toolmaker wrote:I was given a Samsung Galaxy Tab with Android 2.2.1. I am able to click on the links in my email and open the topic without a problem. I do have to double tap to read the content.
The point of a plugin and using an app is that it formats all the posts for your mobile device without having to zoom in. Navigation is also better.

I can certainly read this forum from my iPhone, but I don't. Too much of a hassle.
 #1011446  by alewifebp

Tapatalk is the go-to app for this kind of thing. I have seen several forums that use a branded version of Tapatalk, or you can just do whatever needs to be done to allow it to be displayed in the mobile confines of Tapatalk. I really don't know anything else about it, but it is quite popular, and it would certainly be a nice enhancement to this forum.
 #1149660  by rovetherr

Rise from the dead, zombie thread! Has there been any thought given to Tapatalk, other such forum app since the last inquiries? I am on several other forums that utilize it, and feel it would be a welcome enhancement here as well.
 #1149661  by MEC407

Personally I'd like them to just get the forum itself working correctly before they add any extras.
 #1167421  by mtuandrew

charlie6017 wrote:
MEC407 wrote:Personally I'd like them to just get the forum itself working correctly before they add any extras.
Thank you!! Agreed wholeheartedly.

Charlie
Thirded! There is a new version of phpBB out that we could use, or any number of other free fora software options. Many of those have the option to automatically support mobile browsing. Now, if I wanted to get really fancy I could just voice post this, using the voice to text function of my iPhone (which I just did!) but not everyone wants or has that function available.
 #1187603  by JasW

Just to add, I use Tapatalk all of the time now on my phone and tablet. It'd be terrific if the forum here were available.
 #1188824  by gprimr1

Update: Tapatalk is on the table, but will not be included with tonight's forum upgrades.
 #1188826  by gprimr1

Update: Tapatalk is on the table, but will not be included with tonight's forum upgrades.
 #1189147  by mbhoward

I'm putting in my 2c to please support 'Tapatalk'. I don't know what is required on your end but I use the app to stay in touch on my mobile devices and help consolidate the other forums I am a member.

Thank you,
Mark
 #1189683  by gprimr1

Very little, but we want to make sure the owner doesn't loose ad revenue through tapatalk.

They are saying the next version will support adsense.
 #1189691  by gprimr1

Tapatalk isn't going to happen. They don't offer google ad integration.

Their competitor, forum runner, does offer ad integration.