Railroad Forums 

• Our policy regarding political comments

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#23950  by retired grouch

Things are getting VERY partisan, nasty, and vicious in the political arena for the upcoming elections. And worse, unending, so it seems. The elections are still months away and already I am disgusted with the vitriol from BOTH SIDES!

My question is: are PARTISAN political comments acceptable on his forum and if NO, how do you intend to handle them?

There was a reply to one of my posting concerning dcc decoders and it was signed by a person who added " Dubya -- out". This I construed to be a partisan, political comment.... and came from outside the US, to boot.

Otto, please keep this forum partisan politics-free.

Respectly,
BillD aka retired grouch

#24495  by Otto Vondrak

If you're referring to the user Bentnose Willie, is sig is B-Dubya- his slang for his initals= "B.W." and he has been using it for the last two years I can remember anyway. It's not meant to be political.

If you see any comments that are nasty and/or abusive, YOU NEED TO CONTACT THE MODERATOR OF THAT FORUM FIRST. If you do not get an answer or satisfaction from the moderator, feel free to contact me.

-otto-
 #24971  by retired grouch

Thank you for the information.

I stand corrected.

Bentnose Willie, sorry I mis-construed your sign off.

Contrite retired grouch

#31478  by shortlinerailroader

I would like to know Railroad.net's policy concerning political matters. I would also like to know where/how I can post a simple Bush/Kerry/Nader poll, or if it is even allowed. I am simply curious as to the political preferences of my fellow railroaders/railfans.

I think it is obvious who I am for...

#31487  by David Benton

My understanding is that anything political is offtopic , so the moderator should remove it . Unless it pertains to the railroad in question that is.

#31887  by Otto Vondrak

This is a railroad fan web site, and anything off-topic should be removed by the moderators. Political discussions really do not have a place here.

-otto-

#32118  by shortlinerailroader

Thanks for making it clear. Please let me know if I should change my signature. I see it like the bumper sticker on my truck, but if it is a rule violation, I will be glad to change it.

#32188  by Otto Vondrak

We prefer that people keep their sig's relevant to railroading... I have asked others to remove political messages from their signatures. If you would like to change yours, I would appreciate it.

-otto-

#44696  by Robert Paniagua

This is a railroad fan web site, and anything off-topic should be removed by the moderators. Political discussions really do not have a place here.

Yes, that's right Otto. NOTHING regarding political debates should be posted anywhere in this site, I agree with you. I also posted a notice regarding this issue in the MBTA forum, and I'll also do it in my other forums too.

Also, I see that Mr. GBN of the Amtrak Board is aggresively cracking down with such political issues as well too, and all other moderatours should do the same thing. I really don't like it either in a train forum.

#44899  by walt

I agree that partisan politcal discussions are inappropriate on these boards. Given the nature, though, of issues relating to the survival of Amtrak, and funding for the various transportation agencies and authorities that provide transportation, and particularly rail transportation services, it is easy to understand why the discussions on many of the threads which deal with those agencies often degenerate into partisan political comments. Nevertheless, we are all interested in basically the same thing, railroads and rail transportation systems, so it would be wise for all of us to keep partisan political comments to a bare minimum.

#45075  by AmtrakFan

I agree that thier is no place for Politics on a Railroad Forum. Also if it has to do with Amtrak are we allowed to talk about it?

AmtrakFan

#45305  by Otto Vondrak

The Amtrak forum has specific guidelines regarding politics in the context of Amtrak discussion. If you have any questions about the Amtrak forum, you should contact the moderator.

=otto=