Railroad Forums 

• Moderators Conversation ... spambots

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#290105  by Noel Weaver

Very good, I wonder, can you people (moderators) delete the offending
posts? I seem to think that it has been done on here but I don't know
who was or is able to do that one.
I have seen some really offensive stuff on here (not just Amtrak but on
other subjects too) and they should immediately be gone.
Noel Weaver

#290113  by AgentSkelly

I'm a moderator on another fourm (www.uer.ca if you care) and you know, we've noticed an increase in spammers too and whats funny is that the admin of that site hand wrote the code for the fourms himself and wonders how they got past his CAPTCHA system. We even got a nigerian spammer...was hysterial :P

#290139  by Robert Paniagua

I hope this spambot "virus" doesn't spread to all the Forums here, since that would be bad, and AI also run a few forums here. I'd do the same thing as you do, lock the original thread and start a new one with the same thing. But locking the original one in which the spambot invaded is the precautionary way to do it.

#290171  by John_Perkowski

For moderators,

I've posted what I think is the right thing to do for a "moderator level" procedure up in the general info forum.

For now, I am splitting the conversation here from Mr Halsteads initial note, and moving it to general info forum as well.

JWP