Railroad Forums 

• GNWR #12 caboose

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1529445  by BR&P

Charles, are you in contact with Dwight Jones? He would know if anyone would, contact me off-list if you need further info.

I would not be surprised if the info is in one of Dwight's "B&O Caboose Encyclopedia" books, I'm not sure which volume covers that series. (Offhand I'd say it's a C-3700 series but not sure).
 #1529481  by nydepot

I have not talked to him and I have his books. There are several "left on the property when the B&P started" But I'd like to know which one.
 #1530060  by jr

Based on the chevron-style bay window screens, and the lettering arrangement, it appears to be a C-26A class.

Should be in the 903828 to 903924 series (originally C-3828 to C-3924), if that helps to narrow it down.

JR
 #1530372  by jr

Appears to be 3851 with thanks to TrainDetainer for thinking to read the KarTrak code, as well as nydepot for providing the hi-res image.

JR
 #1530476  by NYCRRson

Finally the Kar Trak system worked.... Of all the "contraptions" introduced into the US Railroad Network in the last 100 years "Kar Trak" had to be the most dismal failure of all. How long did it last ? 5 years ?

And it took a circa 2020 digital camera to make it work....