Railroad Forums 

• NYCRR Freight House-1950

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1529624  by TrainDetainer

I have a question - I traced a satellite and 1927 aerial photo overlay and came up with this:
Ganson pics.png
Ganson pics.png (665.4 KiB) Viewed 759 times
The blue X is where the original loading pic was taken from, the blue lines the field of view, and the green X is SST's street view from 12/28 with field of view. The gray blocks and drydocks are structures which appear in 1927. The green shaded modern building was apparently not present when Higgins was loading the transformer. The orange shows the extent of the brick structure in 1927.

Question is this - the gray building with the R on it I drew initially as a generic rectangular structure but another look reveals what looks like (in yellow) a three stall roundhouse-type structure and possibly a turntable squeezed in between the buildings. A quick look at Google and I find reference to a BR&P RR freighthouse and terminal on Ganson Street. Is this the location of a BR&P engine terminal and the brick building the BR&P freighthouse? The additions to the brick building are in the 1927 aerials and loading photo, but the last and very small addition to the back of the brick building wasn't there in 1927. The turntable would have been very tight but would squeeze in - the yellow circle scales to 75'.