• 12/13T Reroutes...Fact or Dream

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by century430

From the Tier Sightings Group: "NS will use the NYSW east of Bing to access Oak Island. That is known asfact right now. Bevier St. Could/should be a perfect candidate to classifyeast/west traffic as would the Binghamton yard area (NS/NYSW side). CPslarge East Binghamton Yard would be best used to continue to act as aNorth/South yard as it should. This is IF NS ever gets the D&H...."

OK, granted NYSW has done major work east of BInghamton over the last few years and this has people thinking that its due to new traffic from NS. Could it just be NYSW/CNYK fulfilling their terms of the lease?

In the last few days I've read enough messages that'd make people think all sorts of things......Bevier St. yard enlarged/upgraded, new yard for NYSW at the old DL&W YO area in BInghamton, NS is buying the A&S from CP....and so on......

Where is it FACT, not heresay, that 12/13T are getting rerouted? No one on NS in Allentown even knows about any potential reroutes. Someone told me that it gets reblocked in Allentown and that much of its traffic doesn't go east. Why reroute a train further east if the majority of the traffic doesn't terminate there?

I'd love to see traffic on the east end of the Tier as much as anyone else. Until I actually hear that NS is qualifying crews, not just talking about qualifying them, plus NS actually having the personnel in place to run Binghamton east (didn't look like NS hired many new people out of Croxton for a pool on the NKP side to Binghamton), this to me seems like just a wild rumor.

Someone prove me wrong, but with facts!

Jim Rowland
  by IRN750

I hear NS is going to rebuild the yard at Port Jervis to handle all the traffic coming to the Tier. It will have a mainline fueling station.
  by L&HR C&S

>>>I hear NS is going to rebuild the yard at Port Jervis to handle all the traffic coming to the Tier. It will have a mainline fueling station.

Oh most definitly, I've heard that too. Next week the CNYK will start to relay the 2nd track west of Port Jervis to handle the traffic.
  by northjerseybuff

hahaha..you guys crack me up. I will eat the interlocking signal at BC if an engine facility comes back to Port Jervis!
  by Marty Feldner

When you're done digesting the signal, give me a call; I have a bridge for sale, cheap.
  by K4Pacific

Message me Jim.
  by northjerseybuff

Marty- the bridge will be dessert!