Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1519913  by RailsEast

Approaching Maxwell Rd at 3:50 in the pm with CSX 4421 and CSX 4432 plus 14; 13 for Woodhaven and a brick car for Extech.
Chris
 #1519942  by Bracdude181

To anyone who will be chasing SA38 tonight, be advised that the crew is working F A S T.

I'm not joking. They are getting up to 25 MPH while going in and out of Woodhaven as I write this.
 #1519951  by RailsEast

Dear Bracdude,
The rail conditions on the Southern do not support 25mph operations and the C&E are fully aware of the rules & restrictions, so please keep your unqualified personal observations to yourself. Not hatin', just sayin'...
Thank you.
Chris
 #1520020  by RailsEast

I didn't mean to sound harsh, but this is the 'world wide web', where everyone can and will visit. There are railroaders of varying levels here as well as railfans...
 #1520021  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:59 pm To anyone who will be chasing SA38 tonight, be advised that the crew is working F A S T.

I'm not joking. They are getting up to 25 MPH while going in and out of Woodhaven as I write this.
I have described before, and Chris is right, but it was probably close to 15 if anything. Hey, when the train does 9 MPH it feels like 20 so I don't blame you lol
 #1520486  by GSC

At Collingwood with the grandkids. ETA on SA31?
 #1520488  by RailsEast

Sorry Gary, was away from the computer & you should have seen the train by now, but it's generally 60-75 minutes from Red Bank and 50-60 minutes from Eatontown for the train to pass the Auction, assuming no problems along the way. A report from the field indicates that they did not stop to drill Extech for the empty this week, which is unusual but they have passed by in the past with a car on that siding.
Chris
 #1520489  by GSC

Thru the auction at 5:55.
 #1520490  by GSC

The crew blew the horn and rang the bell for the kids. They enjoyed seeing the train.
 #1520506  by NJT4149

SA-38 is approaching Hope Road at 1:50 AM
Will hold at BANK for a while, as it sounded like both tracks are out of service between LLOYD and RARE
 #1520597  by JohnFromJersey

Does anyone have any updates on the Lakewood-Woodmansie extension? I haven't heard about here or any of the other threads regarding it in quite some times.
 #1520606  by Coast Line Railfan

JohnFromJersey wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 pm Does anyone have any updates on the Lakewood-Woodmansie extension? I haven't heard about here or any of the other threads regarding it in quite some times.
The track between Cross Street and Lakehurst is pretty bad. Some missing rail on a new bridge and under the Route 70 bridge is still a big problem. Other than that, the track from there to Clayton is fine. All that is needed is brush clearing of recent tress and weeds that have grown.