Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1505610  by Bracdude181

5285 did the drilling alone for some reason. One of the crew members said it's easier to turn the train around this way depending on how many empty cars are at Woodhaven.
 #1505620  by NJT4149

Maxim Road east at 11:05 PM
Main Street in Farmingdale, 11:22 PM
Asbury Road at 11:40 PM

5628, 5285, + 10; tank and empty brick box car at the rear
 #1505627  by southern sec. kid

Nothing against the CSX Locomotives (Not that it matters at all), Even though CSXs colors may be more Creative in a sense, Those Norfolk Southern Engines just look so much better just with Black and white. Better chance of hearing a Leslie horn too! Briefly chased the train tonight in South Howell Listening to Howie Rose call the Mets game. Saw a long train and heard the Mets grab a W! It's great to see this line get traffic every week. Was down in Lakehurst on Wednesday and saw no further progress but for now, I suppose we will all take what we can get. Nice to see the NS units again and Let's go Mets!

See ya guys Next week
 #1505640  by Coast Line Railfan

southern sec. kid wrote:Nothing against the CSX Locomotives (Not that it matters at all), Even though CSXs colors may be more Creative in a sense, Those Norfolk Southern Engines just look so much better just with Black and white. Better chance of hearing a Leslie horn too! Briefly chased the train tonight in South Howell Listening to Howie Rose call the Mets game. Saw a long train and heard the Mets grab a W! It's great to see this line get traffic every week. Was down in Lakehurst on Wednesday and saw no further progress but for now, I suppose we will all take what we can get. Nice to see the NS units again and Let's go Mets!

See ya guys Next week
Yeah the NS's look and sound better most of the time *cough cough 5628 :P *. Though, the crew doesn't always like them, and I recall last week with 5285 and 10 cars, the conductor had a less-than-stellar remark over the Geep's pulling power lol
 #1505682  by NJT4149

Here is my video of last night’s SA-38. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/bnsTn-1UIlg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1506254  by Tanker1497

lakewood Fire Department out with fire on James street along the tracks. State forest Fire in route. its between two streets!
 #1506269  by RailsEast

Wow, bad day for fires; Eatontown had a working house fire away from the tracks just before the train arrived today. Interesting 'no pick up' at Extech today, they did not take the empty from Bel-Ray last week, so there were 2 tanks on the siding yesterday.

Anywho, a view from Shrewsbury today....did a little research & found that NS 5286 was built as a Penn Central 'straight 38' (non-Dash 2) in July of 1969! Coming up on her 50th birthday, I know I didn't look that good on my 50th.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5121065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris