Railroad Forums 

• SWs in Quebec City

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#572242  by atsf sp

I recently went to Quebec City. I noticed two SW engines, possibly SW1200s or SW1500s working outside the Papiers White Birch plant by the VIA station. These were not Quebec-Gatineau and not in their yard because 1500 was in that yard. But one of the engines was blue with yellow markings near the top of the hood. The second engine was a green engine. The blue engine was sitting and I did not witness it move. But the Green engine was shunting CN high-cubes near the highway on the approach to the city of the Chemin de fer Charlevoix. If anyone could tell me who owns these engines, there numbers, and makes, it would be great. If you know anything at all, it will be beneficial. Sorry no pics. Thank you.
 #598412  by atsf sp

These engines were Port of Quebec engines since I have just found out that the GE 50tonner #19 was of that so these were to. But can anyone tell me if they were sw1500s and what the numbers may be.
 #598527  by Ken V

I don't know if these are the locomotives you witnessed, but the Canadian Trackside Guide lists three units owned by Papiers Stadacona in Quebec City: GE 80T #19, and GMD SW8 #15 and EMD SW8M #55 (formerly Conrail 8675, Lehigh Valley 261).
 #598811  by atsf sp

Yep those should be them. Thanks