Railroad Forums 

• Rail Trails + merging rail lines = Problems

• General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.
General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.

Moderator: railtrailbiker

#999268  by NJT4115

So, I've been trying to figure out more about the CNJ Seashore Branch, and the Henry Hudson Trail paves over half the line. But, they decided to "connect" it (like they're a railroad) to the Freehold Branch. So really I can't follow this line without doing hours and hours of research. The only thing I found was remains of the Atlantic Highlands Terminal. Why did Rails-to-trails have to mess up this once proud line and the Freehold Branch? Why did they connect them? Why did they even build the trail? NJT would do much better in the Monmouth County area with a line through that area.
I know theres a similar thread out there in this forum, but this is focused on the Seashore Branch.