Railroad Forums 

• Atglen and Susquehanna Rail Trail

• General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.
General discussion related to Rail Trails nationwide, including proposed rail trail routes. The official site of the Rails-To-Trails Conservancy can be found here: www.railstotrails.org.

Moderator: railtrailbiker

#1108954  by TheOneKEA

I was driving around southern Pennsylvania and crossed the Atglen and Susquehanna line several times; having previously researched this route I knew that Amtrak had improved the roadbed specifically to allow for the 138kV line rebuild but that the new roadbed would facilitate a conversion of the route to a rail trail. I also discovered that the various communities along the route had tried to block said conversion due to the risk that trail users would trespass on their properties or partake in potentially criminal activities. Does anyone know if this route will ever become a rail trail that is open to the public or will it continue to be a trail that you use at your own risk?