Railroad Forums 

• NYNJR 5101

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1335094  by kamerad47

Nice Pic's!!!!!! can never have enough of them!!!!! Do they unloaded any center beam cars by that light pole anymore????? Are they concrete wall blocks in that gondola ????
 #1335128  by jtunnel

Joe,

Interest is like the tides, comes and goes. Then folks miss it when it's gone. Never take anything for granted or "routine" (Conrail was going to last forever, right?)

kamerad47, yes they still unload centerbeams on that track. Mafia blocks (aka concrete blocks) in those gondolas the RR uses as reachers for the carfloats.
 #1335154  by ccutler

I see a loaded carfloat each way per weekday from my office window, from a long distance.
 #1335280  by DogBert

I'm always curious about what they're up to. I think it's just a pain for most of us nerd-fans to go check them out since they only seem to run on weekdays.
 #1335291  by jtunnel

I had a day off so I walked over to see what was doing.

Curious beast, (I've been corrected, that it is not a genset), it sounds like a lawnmower or a snow blower.

Earning its keep: http://jtunnel.rrpicturearchives.net/ar ... ?id=109878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a short shaky video: https://youtu.be/2ULuiT1OKMg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1335308  by kamerad47

Never have enough pic's or videos !!!! NICE!!!! Do we know who gets the old BN covered hopper ?????
 #1335466  by jtunnel

No idea on the BN LO. There have been a good number of LO's (covered hoppers) recently for interchange.