Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2009

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#620374  by wolfboy8171981

Conrail YPOI-83 piloted M&E #20 and #18 today from South Kearny to Bayway and return. They Droped #20 at Bayway and picked up #19 to return to South Kearney and eventually Morristown.
 #662932  by scavenger34

Ridgedale avenue siding was loaded right up to the street this Sunday when I went by. There were the F units closest to the road and there appeared to be a couple of switchers there, too. I didn't stop but the proximity to the road made me look.

Warren
 #670229  by RS115

Misc observations - over the past week or so 489 keeps getting moved about - it's outside the house - then it was inside - then in the Ridgedale run-around for a couple of days and now (Monday) back outside the shop. Hood still intact so nothing heavy done yet apparently. Seems like the clock is ticking to get it done and headed back north.....

19 was outside the house today at lunch being worked on. After work 18 was out front with 19 apparently having been shoved back inside. Sometime between 4 and 5:15 563 arrived back in Morristown and was tied down on the main with "Penobscot Bay" so apparently that car is headed out somewhere tomorrow.
 #671315  by Sid Farkus

What ever happened to those cars that the ME went to Passaic Jct. to get after being brought by the NYSW? It had like four passenger cars and a caboose. I thought they would be at Morristown.
 #671482  by RS115

At least at the time of the Easter Bunny trains they were stored in the lead to a siding in what is probably East Hanover (possibly very eastern Hanover - hard to tell where the town line is).
 #671522  by Sid Farkus

Does anyone know who owns these cars and caboose, what the reporting marks are, and if there are any road names on the cars? I wonder what their purpose is?
 #671564  by RAHWAY VALLEY

The passenger cars are owned by M&E sister company RRPX. The caboose is now part of the Whippany Railway Museum collection, and has subsequently been moved to the museum site. Plans are to use this classic caboose (built by NJ based Magor Car Co.) on the caboose trips during the 2010 season.

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Does anyone know who owns these cars and caboose, what the reporting marks are, and if there are any road names on the cars? I wonder what their purpose is?
 #682222  by wolfboy8171981

slightly off topic

Conrail extra crew ferrying M&E #19 - M&E 20011 flat car - M&E #100 caboose - D&H #35730 caboose from Bayway to Karny Int for return trip to Morristown today . Leaving Bayway 0900